TF&F is pleased to offer four grants available to Fidalgo Island students, environmentalists, and businessfolk. Click on the title of each to see more detail and the application process for each.
- The Business Incubator Grant provides seed money to help start green/sustainable businesses on Guemes or Fidalgo Islands (up to $5000 annually).
- The Anacortes School System Grant supports the development of environmentally-focused projects by Anacortes School District students (up to $1000 annually).
- The Student Scholarship awards up to $1000 to local graduating seniors sharing the goals and values of TF&F.
- Project Grants are awarded to those with the desire to develop and lead community projects in line with TF&F goals and values.
In 2016, TF&F awarded the Anacortes Woven Dreams Food Co-op a business incubator grant.
2017 awards include:
- Anacortes Food Rescue: a Project Grant to fund a new bicycle.
- Island View School Garden
- Film on local impacts of climate change
TF&F occasionally bestows Eco-Business awards to local businesses who strive to uphold sustainable practices and values, recognizing those in our community who make business decisions that protect our environment.
2016: Dr. Sarah Hill and Playhouse Dental, for ecological building design and solar energy.
2015: The Market, for the store’s efforts to buy local, to offer sustainably-caught fish, to recycle (even cooking oil), and to return money from donated bring-your-own bag credits to preserve Skagit farmlands ($4000).”
2014: Larry and Amber Nelson of Blue Cow Carwash
Linda Sanford of American Dream Real Estate